Sunday, August 7, 2011

I am currently a US citizen. I'm I able to bring my half-brother(same mom), who lived in Vietnam, to America


I am currently a US citizen. I'm I able to bring my half-brother(same mom), who lived in Vietnam, to America?
If so, how would i do it and how long would it take?
Other - Vietnam - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
sure why not?
2 :
i believe so. the my mexican friend did it...
3 :
Yes and no, if your mother was American he has a right to apply for citizenship but if she is not all you can do is try to sponsor his citizenship either way you sponsoring him will greatly increase his chances also of he was born here or on a us military base he can apply for citizenship.
4 :
I don't see why not- talk to someone in Immigration in your city. I know many Viet & Thai families who have been through what you are describing. Good luck! Try this search http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=54a&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=immigration+requirements+from+Vietnam+to+the+US&spell=1
5 :
yes, you can. First you need to consult with your lawyer in US. They will tell you what's paper work you need to do. If you pay them to do it for you (which I recommend), it will save you time. Remember, do not pay money for anyone in Vietnam who say that will help you with paper work. As long as your paper works follow procedure, your half brother will be contacted by US official in VN for interview...The lawyer will tell you how long. It is very slow now. Good luck.
6 :
no........
7 :
1st how old is your brother? If he's older than 18, it's more difficult because he's an independent adult. Second, if your mom is US citizen and your brother is under 18, she can sponsor him because he's under age. Do not hire a lawyer, they only take your money. Check with US immigration to make sure he's eligible for your family to sponsor him. Lawyers are mostly crook, you can certainly do it yourself if you follow the US immigration guidelines. Check out the green card lottery section to see if he's qualified. http://www.immigration-bureau.org/ superbeaugosse1- If you don't have the answer or suggestion, don't post here because you just wasting everyone's time.






Read more discussions :