Saturday, April 14, 2012

are FRS band radios legal in Vietnam


are FRS band radios legal in Vietnam?
I will be living in Vietnam and I would like to know if I could use FRS/GMRS Two-Way Radios in Vietnam.
Other - Vietnam - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I don't think they're illegal. I have a pair of Motorola.
2 :
i am not sure if it is ban or not...but there some frequency or wavelengths that you cannot catch or dial in Vietnam..maybe, because it is blocked...
3 :
Definitely, we have two sets that I brought over for my children to play with. The local police see my kids playing with them all the time and have even "played" with them themselves. One interesting thing is that we pick up "boat" traffic from the river so the boat pilots/captains are using some of the same frequencies. (one of the sets has 22 channels). You might have a little trouble at first from the police suspecting that you're a spy or something. But if you're open and honest with them you should not have a problem. I often forget that I get a huge break in the way I'm treated because my wife and children are Viet.





Read more discussions :