Friday, December 14, 2012

Will my girlfriend get citizenship if me marry in the UK


Will my girlfriend get citizenship if me marry in the UK ?
If i marry my Vietnamese girlfriend will she get citizenship in the UK? I British, and there is no real way i can live in Vietnam .
Immigration - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
My husband got it after a fight. He's American. What happens is they make sure you can support your wife. She would be allowed to work. They call the state "indefinite leave to remain" with "no recourse to public funds" i.e. no social security or unemployment benefit.
2 :
You don't automatically get citizenship because you marry someone, there's no guarantee they'll even grant her visa to come to the UK just because you've married. It can take several years living, legally, in the UK before she becomes eligible to apply for Indefinite leave to Remain (ILR, permanent residence without citizenship). Once ILR is granted she would need to wait a year before becoming eligible to apply for British citizenship by naturalisation. http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/doineedvisa/
3 :
She can apply for citizenship. If the application process is like ours, it may take five years. If your girlfriend's parents still live in Viet Nam, you can see something of the country when you visit them. You would probably find it very difficult to move from a First World Country to a Third World Country. I got a taste of that when I spent a summer in Ecuador many years ago. I loved the country and the people, but being so far from my family and friends would have been very dificult for me. The poverty in VietnNam is unbelievable and the climate alone might be more than you can handle. Based on what I have heard, the Vietnamese are very nice. They actually like Americans. Good luck. Bear in mind that your wife-to-be will also miss her family and friends I would advise you to visit Viet Nam to meet your girlfriend's parents (if you haven't already done so, and see some of the country
4 :
You can marry and after 3 years she can apply for citizenship





Read more discussions :