Thursday, October 1, 2009

police check in vietnam living with vietnamese


police check in vietnam living with vietnamese?
Anyone knows what could be the problems/issues if I live with a local Vietnamese in my apartment? should we register both of us and will that be an issue? what is the suggestion? Reply only when you know the solid answer. ...also...do they actually come inside and check every corner to findout who is in there?
Other - Vietnam - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
It is illegal to live together here in Vietnam without a marriage certificate. My wife an I went to Nha Trang last week on business and were required to produce our marriage certificate as per normal when we checked into the hotel. Its always been that way. Every hotel we've ever stayed at have required we produce it, even the ones who know us. At every address we've rented in Vietnam over the last 7 years the cops have turned up within days to check our bonafides. You may get away with it for a while, at a cost, but sooner or later the big boys will show up and it could cost you a lot more. Guys who have been through it tell me they treat the women like dirt. Haven't heard of anyone being busted in the last couple of years. That doesn't mean the laws have been changed. I guess its like motorbike licences. Sometimes they're necessary, sometimes they're not. It all depends on the cop.
2 :
i dont know..
3 :
dunno
4 :
My wife and I have not had to produce our marriage license while renting a room, yet, but enforcement of Viet law is very subjective. As B G stated, it is illegal for an unmarried couple to co-habitate. Shortly after we were married, a police colonel who I had never seen before came to our house at 10 pm with a squad of police. Since he woke me up, I'm afraid that I wasn't very nice to him, lol. I asked him why, after all the years I had visited Viet Nam and lived in this same house with my then girlfriend/fiance, the government had now decided to bother us at such a late hour. He said that they didn't know I was living there before LOL. This is especially funny because we live in the country and I tend to stand out from the locals in addition to the fact that my local contact address was our house. Anyway, to make a long story short, I asked him to not disturb us late at night again unless it was a dire emergency and invited him back at his leisure for dinner and a beer. We have since developed a very good relationship. Moral of the story, the government will leave you alone for the most part if you don't cause trouble, but they won't let you forget who runs things. And yes, they will come into your house and look around. They didn't search our house but his squad sat at our kitchen table drinking cokes while he made us produce our paperwork. Marriage,visa and real estate deeds, etc.






Read more discussions :