Sunday, November 14, 2010

What is life like for foreigners living in Vietnam


What is life like for foreigners living in Vietnam?
I'm considering moving to Ho Chi Min City to teach get CELTA certified and teach English. What can I expect? I'm 24, male, and from the US.
Other - Vietnam - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
The majority of foreigners who live in Ho Chi Minh teach English in language schools I think. Absolutely I'm not about to compare the life in Vietnam with the life in the US. You probably realize some privations in Vietnam. But not that bad :) VN is a developing country. You can find it enjoyable to live in VN, especially HCM city. You might have found out about VN right? The life is not bad at all! Exciting, amazing...! People, food... everything are OK :) And you should learn how to drive motorbike. It's damn cool, believe me ^^! Anyway, it's up to you :) Good luck ^_*!
2 :
Things are slow and getting slower. I'd think twice or have money of your own to live on.
3 :
I would suggest you come here for a visit before making the BIG move. Vietnam is not everybody's cup of tea. I'm leaving soon after having been here for 7 years. The cost of living has skyrocketed over the last 18 months. There's very little value here now. Make sure you've got a plan B to fall back on that includes access to money. Don't know what they're paying English teachers these days but it wasn't much when I first arrived here. And most importantly of all. Make sure you have medical insurance...





Read more discussions :