Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Do I owe alimony if my wife lived in Vietnam and I lived in California


Do I owe alimony if my wife lived in Vietnam and I lived in California?
I was married for 6 years. My wife lived in Vietnam for 5 years and 7 months and I lived in California. When she came to the states we lived together for 5 months and she left me. We are getting a divorce and she is asking for alimony. Do I owe alimony for the time she lived in Vietnam or just for the 5 months we lived together? Thank you for your responses.
Marriage & Divorce - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
It is irrelevant that you lived apart. It matters that you were married. I know that in several other states you must be married 10 years but there's a lot of factors that can make that number change. You need to get an attorney.
2 :
Do you really think that's for anyone on yahoo answers to decide. The judge will tell you if and how much you owe.





Read more discussions :