Saturday, March 14, 2009

I currently live in Vietnam with my gf who is from Bali. I want to bring her with me to UK. Any suggestions


I currently live in Vietnam with my gf who is from Bali. I want to bring her with me to UK. Any suggestions?
I have been living in Vietnam for over a year, I met my Gf who worked in the same hotel as me. We have been together for over a year and now is the time I have to live Vietnam, to finish a final year of studies. I don't want to have to leave away from her for a whole year. So if someone has any suggestions or alternatives, I would love to hear. I am leaving in a weeks time. Please help! She is a spa trainer in a 5 star hotel. Speaks perfect english. very hardworking.
Embassies & Consulates - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You could marry her...
2 :
If you get married you could try for a consular visa. They are generally faster than regular visa processing. Of course the UK does recognize domestic partnership visas. So maybe you could go this route as well. Other than that, you will need to file for either a fiance visa or spousal visa back in the UK. Your gf could also try and obtain a visitors visa. They are good for up to 6 months. But once again, you would not be able to convert her visitors visa to that of a spousal visa if you got married while she was visiting. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but in all likely hood you are looking at some time apart to sort visa's and such. Belle
3 :
Without some legal commitment between you; marriage or engagement with intention to marry, her only routes would be as a visitor, student or on a working visa in her own right. Girlfriend or live-in partner carries no weight as far as immigration is concerned. One other thought. Does the hotel chain she works for have hotels in the UK? Do they transfer staff between hotels on inter company transfers?





Read more discussions :