Friday, October 21, 2011

Can a baby corn snake live in 84-100 F


Can a baby corn snake live in 84-100 F?
I live in Vietnam, 84-100 F is the temperature in my room. I wonder if a baby corn snake can live well in this hot climate. What can I do to help my snake feel cooler and more comfortable ? And should I place the enclosure near the window so my snake can enjoy the early morning sunlight ?
Reptiles - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
snakes are cold blooded so they love heat.and they also like direct sunlight.
2 :
Don't put your tank near the window. Glass tanks can heat up to lethal temperatures very quickly in sunlight and you are already at the top end of tolerable range for corn. Snakes escape the heat the same way humans do, by seeking out moisture. Provide him with an enclosed hide spot that contains damp moss or a substrate in the enclosure that holds humidity like coconut mulch that he can burrow into. Give him a water dish large enough to immerse himself in if he needs to. At higher temperatures a baby can dehydrate quickly.




Read more discussions :