Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I'm a 19 year old who needs a kidney transplant, can my relatives from Vietnam come to the U.S. to donate


I'm a 19 year old who needs a kidney transplant, can my relatives from Vietnam come to the U.S. to donate?
I was diagnosed with lupus last summer and it completely destroyed my kidneys. As a result, I've had to be on hemodialysis for over a year now. My parents wanted to donate a kidney to me but they were denied because of medical reasons: dad has hypertension and mom is pre-diabetic. My only other relative is my brother, but he's only 17. I have no other relatives living in the U.S., but I have plenty who live in Vietnam. My aunt, uncles, and cousins have offered to donate, but I'm not clear what the process is like for someone wanting to acquire a visa in this situation. Please help with more information. Thank you.
Immigration - 7 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I don't know what the law is regarding aliens coming to this country to donate organs, but if it's the only way to help you, I imagine they would go for it. However, you will definitely need a letter (or letters) from your medical team. My mother-in-law from the Philippines was just granted a visa to go to the USA to visit her ailing brother. The doctor wrote a letter to the immigration department stating that the brother was too ill to go to the Phils, so she should be allowed to come here. I hope everything works out for you!
2 :
It would be best to determine if any of the relatives would be a match before attempting to get a visa. If one of them is a match, they can apply for a nonimmigrant visa at the nearest US embassy in Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh. Contact information for the two are at the sites below. If it is an emergency, the application can be expedited.
3 :
Isn't it easier to go back to Vietnam and have that transplant??? Why bother to bring people over?
4 :
Call immigration. Are you a citizen? There is something about 'undue hardship for a citizen' that might help, but you really need to contact immigration.
5 :
yes
6 :
if you get your medical team to fill out the reqiured forms and supporting literature then there should be no problem with your brother entering the us because the reason is one of extenuating circumstances-and he even may be given leave to stay to help you to recuperate. good luck with your request and i hope it works out for you.
7 :
Have you tried contacting dheeraj bojwani for kidney transplant surgery.He helped us in arranging the complete kidney transplant for my friend.His name comes in top list in google for kidney transplant.We did not have to wait at all-and got the surgery done within 3 weeks.My friend is doing perfectly fine since 6 months after his surgery http://www.dheerajbojwani.com hope this helps.






Read more discussions :