Wednesday, April 14, 2010

After I retired, can I live in VietNam but still collect my money


After I retired, can I live in VietNam but still collect my money.?

Personal Finance - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I have no idea, but I would like to retire in the caribbean. So this is a good question for me to keep tabs on. Thanks
2 :
You don't need money there, just some rice. That's all!
3 :
There are many American citizens who live outside the country while retired. This is because the cost of living is usually much less than that in America. At this time, Vietnam's cost of living is approximately 1/8th that of living in America. You can live comfortable on about $300/month in Vietnam where you could barely live a week on that in America. That in mind, you can see why it is very attractive to live aborad while retired. How most retired people are able to live in another country is rather simple. They maintain their U.S. citizenship, a U.S. address, pay their U.S. taxes and regularly travel back to the U.S. to pick up their mail and/or retirement checks. If planning to live in Vietnam, you will need to make sure your visa will be valid long enough to stay as long as you are there. Vietnam had given the U.S. favored nation status a few years ago (although the favor has not been reciprocated as of yet), which will make it relatively easy to stay there as long as you want. Have a good retirement!






Read more discussions :